TERMS OF SERVICE
Article 1 (Definitions)
The definitions of terms used in this Agreement are as follows
(1) Service: Service operated by the Company and related services
(2) Website: Website containing contents of the Service
(3) Contents: Collective term for text, sound, still images, video, software programs, code, etc. (including posted information) provided on the Service
(4) User: All users of the Service
(5) Registered User: A person who has completed user registration for the Service
(6) ID: A character string that is unique to a Registered User for use of the Service
(7) Password: A code that is uniquely set by a Registered User in response to his/her ID
(8) Personal Information: A generic term that includes address, name, occupation, telephone number, and other information that can identify an individual
(10) Intellectual property: inventions, devices, new varieties of plants, designs, works of authorship, and other items produced by human creative activity (including laws or phenomena of nature that have been discovered or elucidated and that have industrial applicability), trademarks, and other intellectual property that is used in the course of business or in the course of trade.
(11) Intellectual property rights: Patent rights, utility model rights, breeder’s rights, design rights, copyrights, trademark rights, and other rights or legally protected interests provided for by laws and regulations concerning intellectual property. rights or rights pertaining to legally protected interests
Article 2（Agreement to these Terms and Conditions）
3 If the user is a minor, the user must obtain the consent of a parent or other legal representative. If a user is a minor, the user must obtain the consent of a person with parental authority or other legal representative before using the Service.
4 If a minor user uses the Service by falsely claiming to have the consent of a legal representative even though he/she does not have such consent, or by falsely claiming to be of legal age even though he/she is of legal capacity, or by other fraudulent means to make the user believe that he/she is of legal capacity
Article 3 (Modification of Terms and Conditions)
Article 4 (Account Management)
1 Users shall voluntarily register and manage the information they have registered for use (hereinafter referred to as "registered information") at their own risk. 1 Users shall voluntarily register and manage the information registered for use (including e-mail addresses, IDs, passwords, etc.) at their own risk.
2. The Company may treat any use of the Service based on the Registration Information as use by the person who registered for the Service, and the Company shall not be liable for any consequences resulting from such use or for any liability arising therefrom.
3. Users shall compensate the Company and third parties for any damages incurred by the Company or third parties due to unauthorized use of the registration information. If the user discovers that the registration information has been stolen or used by a third party, the user shall immediately notify the Company to that effect and follow the Company’s instructions.
Article 5(Handling of Personal Information, etc.)
Article 6 (Prohibited Acts)
When using the Service, the Company prohibits the following acts by users (hereinafter referred to as "Users"). If we deem that a user has violated any of the prohibitions, we may take any action we deem necessary, such as suspension of use or deletion of postings, and the user agrees to do so without objection.
(1) Acts that infringe on the intellectual property rights of the Company or a third party
(2) Acts that defame or discredit the Company or a third party, or unfairly discriminate against or slander them
(3) Acts that infringe or may infringe on the property of the Company or a third party
(4) Acts that cause economic damage to the Company or a third party
(5) Acts that threaten the Company
(6) Actions that specify or induce computer viruses or harmful programs
(7) Actions that place an excessive burden of stress on the infrastructure facilities for this service
(8) Attacks on this site’s servers, systems, or security
(9) Attempts to access this site’s services through methods other than the interface provided by the Company
(9) Attempting to access our service by a method other than the interface provided by us
(10) Using a terminal that does not conform to the technical standards established by the relevant laws and regulations
(11) Using a terminal that is not compatible with the trifa service
(12) Acts prohibited by laws, regulations, etc. in the country where the subscriber uses the trifa service (for example, acts that are prohibited in other countries) (12) Using the trifa Service for any act prohibited by law or regulation in the country where the Subscriber uses the trifa Service (e.g., data communication to another country or permanent roaming, if prohibited)
(13) Using the trifa Service for child prostitution, viewing or obtaining child pornography, sending unsolicited email or SMS, or for any other purpose that the Company deems inappropriate
(14) Using the trifa Service for the use of a third party
(15) Duplication of all or part of the trifa-provided information, including user qualifications for the trifa system, for the use of a third party. (15) Having a third party perform any of the acts described in the preceding items.
(16) Other than the above, acts that the Company deems inappropriate.
Article 7 (Handling of Contents)
1 Users may use the contents of this service only within the scope stipulated by the Company.
2 The Company owns the rights to all contents provided by this service, and no license or right to use patents, utility model rights, design rights, trademark rights, copyrights, or other intellectual property rights owned by the Company shall be granted to the user.
3 Users may not reproduce, transmit, transfer, loan, translate, reprint, or secondary use the contents of this service in any way beyond the scope of use stipulated by the Company. 3. Users are prohibited from reproducing, transmitting, transferring (including sales between users), lending, translating, adapting, reprinting without permission, secondary use, commercial use, modifying, disassembling, decompiling, reverse engineering, etc. by any means beyond the scope of use specified by the Company,
4 Notwithstanding the preceding paragraph, if a user loses his/her user status due to withdrawal from membership, etc., the right to use the provided content shall also be extinguished.
Article 8 (Paid Content)
1 Paid content may be purchased for a portion of the Service for a fee. The amount of paid content, payment method, and other matters will be determined separately by the Company and displayed on the Service or on services provided by the Company.
2 The Company may change the price of free or paid content in the Service at its discretion.
3 If a user delays payment of compensation for paid content, the user shall pay the Company a late fee at the rate of 14.6% per annum. 4. Paid Content is licensed only for the user’s own registered information.
(1) The Company shall not be liable for any damages caused by any change, interruption, or termination of the Service. 3. The Company does not guarantee that the Service will be suitable for the user’s specific purpose, that it will have the expected functions, commercial value, accuracy, or usefulness, that the user’s use of the Service will conform to applicable laws, regulations, or internal rules of industry associations, or that defects will not occur. 4. 4. The user acknowledges in advance that the Company does not guarantee that the Service is compatible with all information terminals, and that malfunctions may occur in the operation of the Service as a result of OS upgrades, etc. of the information terminal used for use of the Service. The Company does not guarantee that any program modifications, etc. made by the Company in the event of such malfunctions will resolve such malfunctions. 6. The Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by users directly or indirectly as a result of using the Service. 7. （7. SBM shall not be liable for any loss of opportunity, business interruption, or any other damages (including indirect damages and lost profits) incurred by the user or any other third party, even if SBM has been notified of the possibility of such damages in advance. 9. Even in cases where the preceding paragraph applies, SBM shall not be liable for damages caused to the Subscriber due to negligence (excluding gross negligence). 9 Even if the preceding paragraph applies, SBM shall not be liable to compensate for any damages arising from special circumstances among damages incurred by users due to acts of negligence (excluding gross negligence). 10 In the event that we are liable for damages in relation to the use of this service, we shall be liable for compensation up to the amount of usage received from the user in the month in which the relevant damages occurred.11 We shall not be liable for any disputes or troubles between the user and other users. In the event that a dispute arises between a user and another user, both parties shall be responsible for resolving the dispute and shall not make any claim against the Company.12 In the event that a user causes damage to another user or a dispute arises with a third party in relation to the use of this service, the user shall, at his/her own expense and responsibility, compensate for such damage or resolve such dispute. In the event that the Company receives a claim for damages from a third party as a result of the User’s actions, the User shall resolve such claim at the User’s expense (attorney’s fees) and responsibility. In the event that we pay compensation for damages to said third party, the user shall pay all costs (including attorney’s fees and lost profits) including said compensation to us.14 In the event that a user causes damage to us in relation to the use of this service, the user shall be responsible for compensating us for said damage at the user’s expense and responsibility (including legal fees and lost profits). (including legal fees and attorney’s fees) to the Company at the User’s expense and responsibility.
Article 10 (Publication of Advertisements)
Users understand and agree that the Service may contain advertisements of any kind, and that the Company or its partners may place advertisements of any kind on the Service. The form and scope of advertisements on the Service may be changed by the Company from time to time.
Article 11(Restriction, Suspension, Discontinuance, Suspension of Use, etc.)
1 When a natural disaster, incident or other emergency occurs or is likely to occur, SOFTBANK TELECOM may restrict the use of trifa services in order to give priority to communications that are necessary for disaster prevention or relief, ensuring transportation, communication or power supply, maintaining order, or other public interests. 2. SOFTBANK TELECOM may control the speed and volume of telecommunications by, for example, detecting telecommunications using communication procedures or applications that continuously and heavily occupy bandwidth and controlling the bandwidth allocated for such telecommunications. 3. 3 SOFTBANK TELECOM may suspend or restrict the use of trifa services to the subscriber for any of the following reasons (1) When the Subscriber delays the performance of payment of charges or other obligations under the Agreement (2) When the Subscriber notifies SOFTBANK TELECOM of false facts (3) When SOFTBANK TELECOM recognizes that the Subscriber has violated the provisions of Article 6 (Prohibited Acts) (4) When the credit card designated by the Subscriber cannot be used. 4 SOFTBANK TELECOM may take the following measures concerning communications for trifa Service. (1) When SOFTBANK TELECOM acknowledges that the subscriber’s line is in a state in which data communications can be performed (such state is hereinafter called "session") for a long time. (1) When we recognize that the state in which the subscriber’s line is capable of data communication (such state is hereinafter called "session") has continued for a long time, we may disconnect such communication. (2) When SOFTBANK TELECOM recognizes that a large number of communications have occurred in the same session, SOFTBANK TELECOM may terminate the trifa service. (1) When maintenance or construction of our telecommunications facilities or systems is unavoidable. (2) When a telecommunications carrier (hereinafter referred to as "telecommunications carrier") stops providing telecommunications services to us. (2) When a telecommunications carrier (hereinafter referred to as "Telecommunications Carrier") stops providing telecommunications services to us. (3) When a cloud service provider stops providing cloud services to us. (4) When it becomes necessary to suspend due to regulations, etc. (6) When SOFTBANK TELECOM suspends the use of trifa services pursuant to the preceding paragraph, SOFTBANK TELECOM will post a notice of such suspension on its Application or website, etc. in advance. However, this shall not apply in case of emergency or unavoidable circumstances. 7 SOFTBANK TELECOM may discontinue all or part of the trifa service when it is unavoidable due to technical, business execution, or regulatory reasons.
Article 12(Termination of Service)
1 The Company may terminate the Service by notifying the User in an appropriate manner.
2 The User agrees in advance without objection that if the Service is terminated, the User will lose all rights to use the Paid Content and will not be able to use said Paid Content thereafter.
3 In the event of termination of the Service for any cause, the Company shall not be liable for any damages incurred by the User or any third party resulting from such termination.
Article 13 (Refunds, Cancellations and Changes)
1 The Subscriber reserves the right to request a refund or modification if the Subscriber is unable to install or use the eSIM due to technical problems caused by the Service. (1) In order to determine if the problem is a technical problem caused by the Service, the Subscriber must follow the instructions provided by Customer Support when the problem occurs or request the information and images specified by Customer Support. (2) If the information guided by customer support is not provided, no refund will be made.
2 If activation is still not possible after guidance by customer support, a refund request can be made within 30 days of the purchase date. 3 Refunds for remaining data will not be accepted after the expiration date.
4 No refunds will be made for charges incurred for alternative phones, SIM cards, and hotel phones, as well as for charges that are not directly connected to the customer’s eSIM account. (Please refer to Article 9 (Disclaimer) for more information.)
5 We reserve the right to deny refunds if there is evidence of abuse, violation of the Terms of Service, or fraud in connection with the use of goods or services.
6. It is the user’s responsibility to verify that the user’s device is an "eSIM compatible device" and that the device is "SIM unlocked". By agreeing to the check that states "eSIM compatible handset" and "SIM unlocked handset" on the purchase screen, the user confirms the compatibility of the handset and is deemed to have used the Service. （The list of eSIM compatible handsets does not cover all handsets, as compatibility varies by carrier, country of manufacture, and manufacturer.
Article 14(Prohibition of Assignment of Rights)
2 We may transfer all or part of the Service to a third party at our discretion, in which case all rights of the user pertaining to the Service, including the user’s account, shall be transferred to the transferee to the extent of the rights transferred.
Even if any provision of these Terms and Conditions or part thereof is determined to be invalid or unenforceable under the Consumer Contract Act or other laws or regulations, the remaining provisions of these Terms and Conditions and the remaining portions of any provision that is determined to be invalid or unenforceable in part shall remain in full force and effect.
Article 16 (Method of Contacting the Company)
Users’ communications and inquiries to the Company regarding the Service shall be made via the inquiry form provided in appropriate locations within the Service or the website operated by the Company, or by methods separately designated by the Company.
Article 17 (Governing Law, Court of Jurisdiction)
1 The validity, interpretation, and performance of these terms shall be governed by Japanese law and construed in accordance with Japanese law.
2 Any disputes, discussions, litigation, or other conflicts between the company and users shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Tokyo Summary Court or the Tokyo District Court, depending on the amount claimed.
Effective Date: July 1, 2022